In this page you can find Community Directives and national laws on calls for tender, supplies and services, according to the rules of competition.
Compliance with the rules of competition and with the national and Community laws when undertaking and implementing a project, is a sine qua non condition for 3rd CSF funding.
You can find instructions on calls for tender and undertaking of projects at the website pages containing Instructions to the Implementing Authorities/Bodies.
a. European Community Directives
- Council Directive no 89/665 on December 21st, 1989, on the coordination of the laws, Regulations and administrative provisions relating to the application of review procedures to the award of public supply and public works contracts
- Council Directive no 92/50 on June 18th, 1992, relating to the coordination of procedures for the award of public service contracts
- Council Directive no 93/36 June 14th, 1993, coordinating procedures for the award of public supply contracts
- Council Directive no 93/37 on June 14th, 1993, concerning the coordination of procedures for the award of public works contracts
- European Parliament and Council Directive no 97/52 on October 13th, 1997, amending Directives 92/50/EEC, 93/36/EEC and 93/37/EEC concerning the coordination of procedures for the award of public service contracts, public supply contracts and public works contracts respectively
- Commission Directive no 2001/78/ΕC on September 13th, 2001, on the use of standard forms in the publication of standard contract notices
b. National Legislation
- PD 370/95, 105/2000: Adjustment of Greek legislation on public procurements to Community Law and in particular, Council Directive 93/36/ΕΕ and European Parliament Directive 97/52/ΕC.
- PD 394/96: Public Procurement Regulation (PPR).
- Ν.2940 OJ 180/Α’/6-8-2001: "Growth, fiscal and institutional incentives for companies of the constructions sector and other provisions ".
- Ν. 2286/1995, Ν 2323/1995, 2503/1997, 2741/1999 Public Procurement and related issues settling.
- Circular Letter no 43 D17a/02/69/.L. 380/9-10-1995 "Instructions for implementing provisions on public projects ".
- Circular Letter no 38 D17a/08/113/F.L. 380/27-12-1996 "Amendment of provisions on complementary works ".
- PD 346/98: Adjustment of Greek legislation regarding public supply contracts in the field of services to the provisions of the Council of the European Communities Directive 92/50/ΕEC on June 18th, 1992, regarding the “coordination of procedures of public supply contracts in the field of services” published in the Greek language in the Official Journal of the European Communities (Ε.Ε.L 209/24/7/92).
- PD 18/2000: Amendment of PD 346/98 (Α’230) "adjustment of Greek legislation on public procurement contracts in the field of services to the provisions of Directive 92/50/ΕEC on June 18th, 1992, in compliance with the provisions of Directive 97/52/ΕC on October 13th, 1997.
b3. Public Projects and settlement of related issues:
- Law 1418/1984 as well as complementary / amending laws and enforceable Presidential Decrees and Ministerial Decisions where applicable.
- Laws 1418/1984, 1959/1991, 2052/1992, 2229/1994, 2308/1995, 2338/1995, 2372/1996, 2412/1996, 2576/1998, 2719/1999, 2940/2001.
- PD 609/1985, 23/1993, 286/1994, 368/1994, 85/1995, 402/1996, 210/1997, 285/1997, 218/1999, D. 192081/2000.
- PD 334/2000 Adjustment of the Greek legislation on public projects to the provisions of Directive 93/37 ΕEC as it was amended and complemented.
- PD 336/2002 Amendment of PD 334/2000 “Adjustment of Greek legislation on public projects to the provisions of Directive 93/37/ΕEC as it was amended and complemented by the European Parliament and Council Directive 97/52” (OJ Α~ 279), in compliance with provisions of Directive 2001/78/ΕC on September 13th, 2001.
- Law 716/1977, its amending / complementary laws and enforceable Presidential Decrees and Ministerial Decisions where applicable.
- Laws 849/1978, 947/1979, 1418/1984, 1647/1986.
- PD 412/1978, 541/1978, 798/1978, 799/1978, 840/1978, 862/1978, 917/1978, 923/1978, 194/1979, 696/1974, 99/1978, 152/1987, 515/1989.
- L. 2522/1997 Judicial protection during the stage prior to public projects contracts in the field of public procurement and services according to Directive 89/665 ΕEC.
- L. 2362/1995 (in particular, articles 79 to 85) on Public Audit and public expenses and other provisions.
With regard to Information and Publicity, besides EC Laws 1159/2000 (30-5-2000) and L. 2860/2000 (OJ Α’251/14-11-2000), the following pieces of national legislation are also applicable in the field of calls for tender and contractors contracts:
- L. 2328 OJ 159/Α’/3-8-1995 "Legal status of private television channels and local radio stations, settlement of issues related with the radio and television market and other provisions ".
- PD 261/97 OJ 1186/Ta/16-9-1997 "Transparency in publicity regarding the State and the greater public sector by printed and electronic information mass media".
In particular, regarding the Environment, the following Laws / Regulations are implemented, as they have been complemented, amended and where applicable.
- Directive 97/11/ΕC amending Directive 85/337/EEC on the assessment of impact to the environment of certain public and private projects.
- Directive 92/43/EEC on the preservation of natural habitats, flora and fauna.
- Directive 85/337/EEC on the assessment of impact to the environment of certain plans of public and private projects.
- Directive 79/409/ΕEC Birds.
- L. 1650/1986 on the protection of the environment.
- PD 256/1998 amending provisions of PD 541/78 on “study groups”.
- PD 28/1993 competences of the Minister and regional services at the department level of the Ministry for the Environment, Physical Planning and Public Works.
- Joint Ministerial Decision 69269/5387/90 projects and activities classification, content of Environmental Impact Assessment, contents of Special Environmental Studies and other provisions according to L. 1650/86.
- Joint Ministerial Decision 75308/5512/90 information of the public and of their representing institutions on the content of the Environmental Impact Assessment Study regarding the projects and actions according to par. 2 of article 5 of L. 1650/86.
- Joint Ministerial Decision 82743, Joint Ministerial Decision 47159 bestowing the authority to approve the environmental clauses according to article 3 of L. 1650/86 upon the General Secretaries of the Country’s Regions, with the exception of the Attica Region.